Friday, 08 March 2019
  24 Replies
  3.1K Visits
Votes
Undo
Not possible to join website with pc. Only smartphone now and then but not every page.

It says:
This site cannot provide secure connection
http://Www.oghf.org.uk has sent an invalid response

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

This problem started yesterday.....
No changes as far as I know done on pc's or phone...
Hi Warrior. I have the same problem to a degree. With the same message. I can get on here with my phone and with my work laptop. But not easily on my home PC.. I did manage it Wednesday, but I had to delete all the cache and browser history. And then turn my Modem off and back on again. And it worked. But the next time I turned it on, (Last night) I had the same problem. I didnt have time last night to look into it properly. But will do tonight. I think its something to do with Windows 10 as I don't have that on my Laptop. But will find out tonight.
Votes
Undo
No problem on my pc running Win 7 :D
Make sure the address reads https://www.oghf.org.uk/ and not just www - the HTTPS:// is required
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Adres is right
And on windows 7 pc I have same problem.
Ok... I will look in to it tonight when I get home. (9pm uk time).. I have to do it myself so will let you know..

Cheers Tube

Ps.. Check the site hasn't somehow got onto your Pc's Firewall blocklist as well. (Some whizzkid in our office has just said that to me. ) :D
Votes
Undo
I found in a similar case then when I used a different web browser it worked for me. Like if your using Microsoft explorer go to bing or google then try it.
Sorry. Didn't get home till really late...

Had another quick go tonight.
I deleted the Browser History. Cache history and cookies.. ie Control shift delete in IE.. This will also get rid of all your prefixed passwords etc. So don't do that if you don't want all you prefixes to disappear. I then also disconnected the Modem both power and data feed. Stuck it back on again after 2 minutes. And I got to our site. But it was hit and miss as it didn't work the 2nd time. But did the 3rd. The 4th time it failed but worked on the reload.
Need more time to find a proper solution.:D
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I've also had difficulty but with both my pc win7 and my smartphone not had time to look into it but does seem to have cleared it's self at the moment
Pretty sure this is a Modem or Router issue. Every time I power cycle it. (Turn the router off, unplug everything, wait a minute. Then re-plug everything in and power up) It works.. But as I said before, only once or twice. So not sure at the moment tbh.
Strangely enough, no problems with the webby on the mac...
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
seems to be settled now not getting any issues not had to restart any kit
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Managed to get on the site with PC (win10) via IE by clicking on in cache.....
Not really the normal way, but whatever does the job I supose…. :)
Have been searching in firewall lists…..didn t find anything offcourse….Was a miracle I found the firewall list. :D
Don t know if next time it will work again…
Even with Phone I need to push refresh button 3 or 4 times before page loads...
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
heard on the server today there are other with same problem…
Maybe the last brewser updates higher level of security?
I too can't get our up using my home router atm. I have use my phones 4g. Really weird.
Votes
Undo
I informed Flaty about web connection issue , we will see if he can find some solution how to fix it :)
Votes
Undo
Got the same issues, cant get on webby at home, but no problem using McDonalds free wifi :D :D :D
Votes
Undo
StaniKT
1 day ago
Hi all, i had Trouble with Win 10 and Edge Browser. Could not open the Home or Stats page. After trying everthing that came to my mind i finally found out where the Prob. is.
Deactivate IPv6 in the Network Adapter and all is good! Hope i could help.
I have a BT router and I still can not get on simply. But..... This works sometimes. Type cmd in the command field, you will get the C\ user bit or similar. If I then type ipconfig/flushdns and then push enter. It comes up with the message dns cleared. I then turn my router off and unplug the phone bit and the power and leave for about a minute. If I then turn it all on and go into Google and type http://oghf.org/uk and enter. I can then get in 5 times out of 10 But only once. I have to do all that again if i want to get on again.

If i get a minute I will spend a bit more time researching this and find a permanent fix. I flirted with adjusting the IPv4 and ipv6 address settings, but didn't actually try playing around with them as I didnt have time to put it right if I mucked it up. I;m away a lot at the moment and would have been in big trouble if I mucked the home PC up and then buggered off )).
But it is down to my BT router, that I'm sure.
Votes
Undo
Totally agree tube, exactly the same situation with my self, have factory reset the router, this sorts it for a few attempts and then it is back to no go, wish someone would come up with a concrete solution ( and I don’t mean a concrete jacket :D :D )
There are quite a few of us mate. Boots, Heavy and Nix and still a few others..It maybe just a Bt router thing. But then again I doubt if Nix has a Bt router.

Really strange
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.