Sunday, 04 February 2024
  20 Replies
  1.1K Visits
Votes
Undo
Hi Folks

How did you like my "Modern Media" like title...:D

Anyway after todays loss of the website and a bit of time travel I thought I owed an explanation to you all.

Starting last week a few things were going on with our website hosting. I/we host our own website, this basically means that in a London data centre is a machine that I have complete control over that hosts our and only our website stuff. This machines runs on some black magic stuff called "Linux" the distro is due to "End of Life" in May this year. I therefore thought it's time to do a complete rebuild of the server and stick a "Distro" on it that has some life. So that bit went silky smooth and we now have a server that has a 2029 EoL.

After that I then choose to ensure that the tools I use to publish the site were all up to scratch, that seemed to go well as the main CMS updated from 4 - 5 fine (I use Joomla) and the other elements of the site seemed to follow along nicely.

That was until Direct Debit wanted to share a few music videos as he does. That then highlighted an issue with the site code, basically it all went squiffy from that point which led to the site being down most of today and a bit of time travelling back to the last full backup.

So the site is now back and 80% updated, as it is still on Joomla 4, I now have a duplicate test site that I will use to resolve the Joomla 5 issues prior to updating the live site.

Once it all works on Joomla 5, I want to exploit some of the new features and tools that it brings. So going into 2024 I intend to do a full rebuild that will change the look and feel of the site.

Just to keep you all on your toes. :o

Anyway lots of techy babble, I am sure Wildcat will get it :D

Once again sorry for spoiling the Sunday hello's etc but who said it was ever going to be easy :D

I will keep you all updated on the next time I am due to break some Sh*t :D

Cheers

http://oghf.org.uk/flat/flatty.gif

Flatsix
set the post as Critical priority — 2 months ago
Flatsix
set the type of the post as  Technical — 2 months ago
Flatsix
Flatsix
featured this post — 2 months ago
Flatsix
Votes
Undo
Cheers Boss
Votes
Undo
"Anyway lots of techy babble, I am sure Wildcat will get it :D"

Kitty sent me a PM and said "if he would just use this command everything would come back up normal systemctl reboot"

If we weren't having fun, we wouldn't be called OGHF :))

Thanks Flatsix for all you do for us.
Flatsix Bee wants we marmalised looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool :o
I agree with the chilled out approach like me having a laugh lol and not to be too Bossy :D Flatsix told me to say that ;)
Of course I understand it all Mr Six do you think I am stupid :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D answers on a postcard please
Votes
Undo
I don't want you marmalised, I need you as a team mate. We have to work together on having fun :D
2 months ago
·
Votes
Undo
OMG not sure what to say if its fault I'm sorry,
[*]

Empire have you had a knock on the head or too much to drink I have no idea what you are on about on the TDM server :o
2 months ago
·
Votes
Undo
My bad the night shift rules just mess me up I will stay away. If I'm gonna get banned can I please still come on team speak to talk with my people?

Empire I think your having a bad day who on this planet said you were going to get banned??????? NO one! I joke about stuf on server when people and I am not on about you get serious so I joke and type in Flatsix come. and sort these out. Do you think for 1 minute Flatsix has time to sit and read comments. NO. So stop being paranoid.
2 months ago
·
Votes
Undo
Sorry Cat I love you and Flatty.
n1 boss
Votes
Undo
Cheers Boss
2 months ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Boss
Just when you thought it was all over, I have sugestion, is it possible to have a slot on the Forum for Video's, then the front page is not glogged up and articles get missed.

Just a thought.

John

How you perform tomorrow is how you prepare today.

2 months ago
·
Votes
Undo
I know sugestion as two g's, but I only have one on my keyboard. :D

How you perform tomorrow is how you prepare today.

I had thought DD had forgotten about Music Vid's ))
1 month ago
·
Votes
Undo
Oh, would that by any chance be debian 10 (Buster)? I'm having so much fun with that. :D
Votes
Undo
Yes it was Debian 10, the migration across went pretty well to the new distro and plesk behaved. Just Joomla 5 that's still a bit buggy.

Cheers

http://oghf.org.uk/flat/flatty.gif

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.