Tuesday, 19 February 2019
  24 Replies
  3.5K Visits
Votes
Undo
I have a question about the jumping.

Is it ok to jump to see over and object to see the enemy then fire through said object if you see the enemy hiding there? Personally I think that should not be allowed.
Its a very good question. reading the logs in the past, i have read players being warned for jumping to look over a wall. And also jumping and firing over a wall. It would be good to clarify this.

As you know, we do not allow jumping to avoid fire, or running at a person and jumping and firing, or jumping around a corner.

I personally see no issue with jumping to look over a wall. or jumping and firing over a wall.... But lets see what other think, and go from there.
Votes
Undo
I see no issue with jumping for a look but firing and jumping well that kinda breaks the rules in my opinion. If however you jump over a wall and start to fire then that is ok as its an obstacle etc. But I have seen players jumping behind an wall and firing but not go over. I think this is as bad as jumping and firing in front of someone.
well you cant walk through a wall so jumping over a wall is fine by me but no doubt that wrong:p
I see no problem with someone jumping to look over a wall and then shooting through the wall - so long as feet are on the floor when they start shooting
Im with Roger on this one.
Jumping and shooting "jumpshots" are (like Aims says) just as much bunny as... well bunnyhopping!? :p
If it's an unnatural move, it's not right.. right?

Cheers Rob.
I see no problem with someone jumping to look over a wall and then shooting through the wall - so long as feet are on the floor when they start shooting

+1

and thats how simple it is..
Votes
Undo

+1

and thats how simple it is..

I just think being a hardcore Server the plan is to keep is as realistic "I know its a game" as possible.
Just in case anyone has been living on Mars or has developed Alzheimers..... I think it's a bloody stupid rule. :D :D :D

I wouldn't bother about the odd jump shot but standing behind a wall bouncing up and down to take shots makes it on to my naughty list. :)
Votes
Undo
Looking Fine but just don't shoot me please :D
Votes
Undo
Jump too look i would say is ok, but too fire when you jump i would say no go.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
The problem is when I jump over some object and suddenly see the enemy. You say I should stay defenceless for a while?
Votes
Undo
What about jumping to throw a nade to throw the nade further away? Is that also against our rules?
No. Jumping to throw a nade is fine.
A bit surprised that jumping to shoot over a wall is deemed by most to not be allowed, but hey ho. The point of these questions is to clarify, so we all are singing from the same Hymn book.
Votes
Undo

Great, thanks! I have always wondered how we were thinking about that. Now I finally got the opportunity to ask it. :p
Votes
Undo
The problem is when I jump over some object and suddenly see the enemy. You say I should stay defenceless for a while?

No as you are jumping over the wall/object and not simply behind it, you have already committed to the obstacle and not stayed behind it.The enemy in this case has a clearer shot and your advantage of the wall/object is diminished as you are now more exposed.
Jumping over obstacles is part of game play and if an enemy appears then fine shoot. But sitting behind and shooting and jumping is in my books a no no. Although some players recently appear to use this tactic to their advantage and jump over an obstacle and fire and shoot. We cannot police every move but take a sensible approach to the rules.
Votes
Undo

Great, thanks! I have always wondered how we were thinking about that. Now I finally got the opportunity to ask it. :p

I agree don't think any soldier would jump and shoot but to throw a grenade then I imagine so in certain situations. I know this is a game but I like this server as the rules imply a more natural environment to play in.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
For me its simple, the rule is no jumping/hopping so don't do it.
So I have a spot for a for instance.... If I am in the hide room on Backlot_2 and face the construction, standing in the right hand window. You can see the people walk to the hidden entrance. If you hop, you can clear the wall that is many yards away and kill them as they crawl through the hole... this would be something to try in real life due to distance, (I miss about as often as I hit though so its not a surefire way to protect the perimeter, therefore clays at entrance)
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
That is jump shooting and is banned on these servers.
Votes
Undo
Thanks gits ,
really good arguments why we shouldnt allow hopping and shooting over wall :)

Jump and throw nades is fine.

Cheers :)
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.