Sunday, 04 February 2024
  8 Replies
  748 Visits
Votes
Undo
Hi,

Today I got a warning for spawkilling, whitch is something I do not understand. So yeah, If you willingly await someone if they sspawn to kill them, that's nop good. but I resent being warned off when the case is as follows: Near the end of a match, spawns tend to be closer neaer the enemy. Now if you are unlucky, then you may get killed. This is the game's doing, not my wrong doing. So from my perspective, I'm just running allong killing whomever I see. This is what I always do.

I kindly ask to be mindful of the situtation at hand.
Votes
Undo
I have no idea what server this was on or who gave you the warning but in the absence of anybody else responding, I would say the following...

It may have been the bot that gave you the warning. The bot works purely on the amount of time between someone spawning and them dying. If it was the bot, you technically spawn killed, whatever your intention and you will get a warning from the bot.

It may be an admin. They judged you to have spawn killed. They too do not know your intention. They also sometimes make mistakes. Whichever, I am unsure why you take such offence at getting a warning. I'm also not sure why it is the 'game's fault'. Unintentional spawn kills happen, we know that, most admins will let it go unless they feel it was intentional or repetitive. You may have been unlucky to get a warning or it might have been justified, whatever the case, move on. It is hardly worth getting worked up about.
I think it was WAW server.
2 months ago
·
Votes
Undo
I issued the warning on map Asylum for spawnkilling on purpose.
WhiteGandalf also got a warning.
You were both to busy shooting players as they spawned.

I should have made a demo i know.
I will do that next time.
2 months ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thank you all for your responses. Yes, it was the w@w server, and yes, it was Punto. As I explained, this was at the end of the game, where spawns tend to get nearer. Effectively, you spawn in front of me. You then have a 50/50 chance to get killed, or to get even. From my perspective, I just shoot enemies, like you'd expect.

Spawn killing is the act of waiting for another player to respawn
at a spawn point and then killing them. If you accidentally spawnkill someone move
or stop firing in the same place

Ok. So did I wait for anyone to spawn? This is a definite no. Did I accidentally SK someone? I might have, but as the situation was at the end of the match, I did not do do this on purpose. To then Send out a warning to a fellow member (and admin) is a bit too much I think.

I run and gun like you Kasper and haven't got a clue about most of spawns. It happens sometimes. Not long ago an admin said that's a spawn Kitty. I just said oops sorry. No point in getting stressed over it. :)
Votes
Undo
To then Send out a warning to a fellow member (and admin) is a bit too much I think.

This isn't aimed at you or this incident in particular but when I admin, it makes no difference if a player is a clan member or even an admin, if they break a rule they get a warning. As Head Admin for the TDM and 24/7 servers, I believe clan members and admins should be treated no differently to everyone else. It is important that all players are seen to be treated the same, whoever and whatever they are.
2 months ago
·
Votes
Undo
Totally agree with TC, no player should be above the rules. I have had warnings from TC and they were justified at the time. Apologise and carry on, it is not personal. It is solely to make the game fair for all players.
2 months ago
·
Votes
Undo
I don't ask to be above the rules. Also please consider ther rest of my comment.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.