Wednesday, 09 February 2022
  18 Replies
  2.2K Visits
Votes
Undo
So after a long wait I have finally built a new PC - Had some issues in the process but I got there in the end, so here are the specs for the new build.

Cooler Master MasterCase H500 ARGB
Be Quiet! Dark Power 12 750W Modular PSU
Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 - case fans 1x 120, 2 x 140

ROG STRIX Z690-F GAMING WIFI
Intel I9 12900K CPU
ASUS ROG Strix LC 360 AIO Cooler
Corsair Vengeance 32GB (2X16GB) DDR5 PC5-44800C36 5600MHz

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OC V2 LHR 12GB GDDR6 G/Card - to be replaced when I can obtain a 3080ti without selling body parts to pay for it, I would like to add a 3080ti with AIO cooler - still in the dreams stage lol

EVGA Z20 RGB Optical Mech KBD
Razer DeathAdder V2 Mouse

2 x WD Black SN850 1TB SSD M.2 2280 NVME PCI-E Gen4 Solid State Drive
2 x Samsung 2TB 870 QVO

Windows 11 - now rolled back to Windows 10

Link to the processor specs on Intels webby - https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/134599/intel-core-i912900k-processor-30m-cache-up-to-5-20-ghz.html

Will add some pics in due course, need to tidy the wiring spider web up a bit :) and Install a lot of software.
Votes
Undo
Very sporty looking spec, as you say the graphics card situation is nuts, second only to the price of electricity.

http://oghf.org.uk/flat/flatty.gif

Votes
Undo
Nice specs Roger, what RAM are you using ? GPU prices are absolutely crazy and rarer than rocking horse poop and yet AMD and Nvidia are bringing out next gen cards this year. Nvidia are releasing the RTX 4000 series and AMD have confirmed the release of the RX7900 XT. The current top end cards of these manufacturers are anything from £1300 - £2500 so dread to think what the next gen cards will be. I'm with Roger on this one may have to sell a kidney.
I missed the RAM lol - updated my post
I am sure it's great Roger, but its all looks gobbledygook to me :o
I am NOT green with envy.....
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Looks like a really nice bit of kit but with AI your PC will want to have an owner upgrade to improve eye, brain and hand coordination if it finds some please let me know about it
Votes
Undo
Nice build bit excessive for a bit of COD:p

Cards have dropped significantly though still stupidly higher than should be, I sold (fleabay) a 2080ti with corsiar hydro x waterblock on it and its stock cooler included for £700 last week, 6 weeks prior I sold stock one for £950, been seeing some 3090 selling for 1200-1400 whereas previously you'd be fortunate to get one for sub 1900, I sold one for 1970 2 months ago.

Crypto did a nice dip causing the drop however seems to have levelled the last few day at the 32k mark, I have just sold 14 rx 580's @ 250-60 each, 2 years ago I was selling these at £90, but again 6 weeks ago these would have gone out at 300+

I am sure you have seen the Eiswolf AIO full waterblock, looks nice. But far easier getting a giga xtreme waterforce ready to go.
Votes
Undo
I missed the RAM lol - updated my post

I think it is the trauma that blanked it out ;)
Not very good pics, but gives you an idea of what it looks like, what you don't see are the Aura effects on the Pump, G/Card MoBo and front fans and the keyboard
Votes
Undo
Magpie Mode engaged.......Shiny :D
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Very nice Ian, are you taking orders, :D

How you perform tomorrow is how you prepare today.

Votes
Undo
Very nice Ian, are you taking orders, :D

Are you trying to be cruel? If you'd been on TS with him and got the full story of the 'birth' of this PC (over months), there is no way you would ask him to go through it again. :(
The pain continues, installing Skyrim and a "few" mods lol
Votes
Undo
Is it still stable ? Im waiting for the next bit of kit for my new pc mod
had no issues since i changed the M.2
Votes
Undo
Sigh of relief i bet
Small update, Insanity kicked in whilst browsing shiny bits, I have purchased a Gigabyte RTX 3080 Xtreme Waterforce 12G
Votes
Undo
Thats a nice bit of kit!, I would suggest to anyone thinking of getting a new or used card to wait a while (unless money is not an issue) prices have been dropping for a good month now and the prediction is during this year prices will return to somewhere near normal..the 'bay' is reflecting these drops however retailers are still selling well above MRSP though these will start to fail in line with the current trend. Also new generations of cards will be released at some point this year again adjusting the market back to where it should be.

However if cyrptos hike in price disregard the above..though it could quite easily crash given the happenings in the world and then cards will be pennies well pounds but not many.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.