Wednesday, 14 October 2020
  28 Replies
  3.2K Visits
Votes
Undo
Hi I need help, I have been banned recently on Old Gits Having Fun overgrown for rapid fire, they have taken a demo and its currently under review (so they say) I just want to add on that, that there was no scripts no binds no macro or anything involved in that demo or in my game for that matter... I have tried to explain to the admins that I don't use anything and adding on that I would never even try to cheat on this game (cod4) I have also explained that I have a lot of experience on the game and that you are able to shoot that fast with the gun (G3 gun) I even offered to send them a video of how I shoot so fast (no cheats involved) I have a gaming mouse witch takes no effort at all the click... Meaning I am able to shoot very fast...as fast as I want... I see and understand that this server has just made a new rule for no rapid fire, but please understand that me clicking fast is how I, how anyone would play for that matter. The admin have followed the rules by warning me but with that i tried explaining peacefully that im not using anything, its just me clicking my mouse... They first said that i'm using a scroll wheel (but my scroll wheel doens't even work) Please look into this, as I have used no Hacks no macro's or any Binds... Im just your average player trying to have fun on the server witch I quite like a lot. My offer still stands where i said i will show proof with a video of my mouse and my gameplay and I will even go so far as to show the difference between me playing normal and then me playing with a fast fire script/bind witch is up to you guys if you want me to, im just trying to show that i have not used anything to deserve a ban. Im a very skilled player if I say so my self and I have a decent gaming setup... My IGN is GT| Shawn and GT is a very famouse clan as well and they will also tell you that i dont use anything at all... If i have upset anyone then i am sorry but that was not my intentions... AT ALL...
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
The fire rate that I used IS NORMAL i don’t know how or why i must explain this, sorry if i sound rude but please go check out the cod 4 ( im speaking about the game itself not any other server) G3 weapon... there are no cap on how fast you can fire.

I also saw the demo’s and there is NOTHING suspicious about it???

Like i’ve explained before, my mouse is very sensitive so i can click my button with no effort at all... i understand you guys have to follow a procedure, but looking at a demo wont help? There are so many people who accuse players of hacks and cheats just because of how good they are...but in reality they aren’t using any cheats?

Assuming that i used binds or cheats aren’t professional either... i want to be on a call with someone who can help me out cause this isn’t helping... if i need to screen record my whole game and pc and game files just to prove my innocence then i will...but just waiting here for your staff members to look at a short demo of me just shooting fast is obviously gonna make them think i hacked... I don't like the way how this situation is getting treated...

You guys said i was banned because of my gameplay?

Explain what exactly the gameplay made you guys get suspicious of me? And why it deserves a 14 day ban? That’s crazy...

I’ve tried to be patient thinking that you guys might understand what I’m trying to say but still believe i did something wrong?

I don’t know if you guys read it, but i will say it again then... I (Shawn) have played this game for 8 years now... The game came out in 2007 i was born on 2002... At the age of 10 i was already Obsessed with the game seeing how my dad played it day after day... i started playing the game since i was 10 years old learning the basics of the game, so i know everything there is to know about this game... I have a very good headset giving me a clear hearing of where people are in the game and with that i know all of the maps in the game so its quite easy for me to know where people are...wall bangs is a thing in this game too so it doesn’t mean that I use wall hack when i shoot players through walls...

Guys I really don’t want to sound mean but come on? This isn’t fair against me... I was just playing normally and i get treated like this?

I have never in my life had to deal with something like this for so long?

Im asking for you guys to please just unban me and i will show exactly how i shoot, what setup i have and anything else you guys need... and think of it like this...

there are multiple servers witch i can play on? Why if i was hacking or cheating would i want to keep playing on your server? I mean, i don’t think anyone would go through this trouble when they aren’t innocent... i mean i can even swear on my life that I wasn’t cheating or using any scroll/macro/binds stuff... i assume saying that i was born in 2002 that you guys now know what my age is (TubeSlayer)

I just wanna get back to playing and i have also said multiple times that i will screen record my mouse and my screen with my phone so you guys can have a clear vision of what i see on my side... i will even create a clean new cod4 account on camera and show you that its normal to shoot that fast if it still bothers you guys...

Can i please climb on a call with someone on discord or anywhere else so i can explain myself over a call its gonna be easier for us all...
Votes
Undo
Just be patient you are not the only demos the Admin team has to look over everyday I am sure they will have an answer for you soon Shawn.
Votes
Undo
Hi Shawn

When you first questioned your ban i advised you
Apart from the rate of fire that was being questioned we also noted the possibility of something else going on, due to this i put you on a 2 week temp ban so the other admins could review the demo's and give their opinions. If the admins all agree nothing going then the ban will be allowed to expire

Your responses were you were ok with this.

2 weeks is our standard time to review demos as it gives plenty of time for as many admins as possible to review and give their opinions. You may not like it but its our server and we have our rule set which we adhere to. In the mean time there are our other COD4 servers that you could join.
Votes
Undo
:(

http://oghf.org.uk/flat/flatty.gif

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
*didn't contribute to discussion, removed by author*
Hi Shawn,

Although you may think the 2 weeks unfair, in a rather perverse way it's there to protect you from an undeserved perm ban.

We are all old and work at old git pace also we all have busy lives, families, work etc.

If we only allowed a couple of days then the demo would only be reviewed by the person making the temp ban and a couple of others. This would leave the way open for perm bans in error.

Our system of 2 weeks means that we get more opinions and the likelihood of erroneous perm bans is significantly reduced.

I didn't look at the demo until today and have only just added my opinion to the discussion.

I have TB'd someone in the past absolutely convinced of a WH with a long demo. I was almost unanimously disagreed with... eventually. :)

So please don't take this personally, it's the system we have and although far from perfect it has proven to work well for both the clan and the players under review.

All the best,

Ferg
Votes
Undo
So you were born in 2002 Shawn and it shows in the way you are throwing your toys out of the pram, the majority of our members are anything from twice to 4 times your age. We have been in gaming communities a lot longer than you have. These are our servers with our rule set and if we decide to put someone on a 2 week temp ban for whatever reason then we will. We will not be badgered by anybody into removing a ban just because they say they are innocent. If you dont like the way we run things then i suggest you go elsewhere or you can put up with the ban and rejoin the server when it expires.
Votes
Undo
Well put

http://oghf.org.uk/flat/flatty.gif

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.